What is this website?

This website is designed to help LDS singles achieve greater fulfillment by providing helpful advice and links to great resources on how to prepare for healthy relationships, make the most of life when we're not in a relationship, and how to make difficult relationship and marriage decisions. If you have any feedback please leave a comment and Good Luck!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Response #24

I know it's late, but here goes anyway.

1. Honestly seek marriage. I mean really honestly. No more self delusion. Most of the time I wasn't married because I really didn't want to be. I was quoted in the Deseret news on the subject. I think that attitude is rampant in the church with both men and women, just like in the rest of the world.

2. Be the "right person". When you are the right person, you will be able to honestly able to see another "right person". Like the scripture that talks about pulling the beam out of your own eye so that you can see the mote in someone elses eye.

As you recall, I did get married after I "aged out" of the YSA ward. I am and experienced and well seasoned bachelor, so I feel that I have street cred when it comes to this stuff.

I can also tell you that marriage is better than single life, after the initial shock of not being able to do what you want when you want to do it.

No comments: