What is this website?

This website is designed to help LDS singles achieve greater fulfillment by providing helpful advice and links to great resources on how to prepare for healthy relationships, make the most of life when we're not in a relationship, and how to make difficult relationship and marriage decisions. If you have any feedback please leave a comment and Good Luck!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Response #12

Hi Jonny,

Here's my input for what it's worth.

1. I would say the most important thing to do is to put yourself out there and make sure that you go to activities where you can potentially meet lots of new people who have the same values/morals/goals as you. You never know when you're going to meet "the one," so you need to take a chance and take advantage of opportunities that come up to meet new people. I met my husband at a Guess Who's Coming to Dinner activity that I really didn't want to go to...sure am glad I decided to drag myself to it! ;)

2. I think communication is key when you're dating someone. You need to make sure that you're on the same page about your relationship and the future that you see for the two of you, so you have to be willing to really open up and talk about things. I also think it's important not to feel pressured to rush into marriage. You need to take the time to get to know the person you're dating to see if you really are a good fit for each other. I also think it's important to enjoy every stage of your relationship and not be so focused on getting to the next "level" or "stage"--I loved dating [husband], I loved being engaged to [husband], and now I love being married to [husband]. Another thing that I think is important is to establish and maintain a friendship with the person you're dating. Find things you have in common with each other that you enjoy doing together. I think the strongest marriages are ones where the spouses are also best friends.

Hope those suggestions are somewhat helpful. Let me know if you need more help. Hope things are going well with you!

Thanks,

No comments: