What is this website?

This website is designed to help LDS singles achieve greater fulfillment by providing helpful advice and links to great resources on how to prepare for healthy relationships, make the most of life when we're not in a relationship, and how to make difficult relationship and marriage decisions. If you have any feedback please leave a comment and Good Luck!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Response #20

Hey Jon,

Question 1)

I would say the top thing you can do is what one of my old bishop used to say was to 'circulate.' Some times it gets so tiring circulating... but I think it works. I went to every activity (almost), every party, every trip, every opportunity to meet people that I could. In fact, the night I met [husband] was at the H-4 Halloween party, and I was soooo sick of 'circulating' that I sat in the car for 10 minutes debating if I could really do another party... I am so glad that I did!! I also think that learning new things, having a lot of hobbies makes you more likely to meet someone and be more attractive to someone.

Question 2) If you are good fit I would say that the top thing is to jump in with both feet. Not to be afraid, and as hard as it is after being hurt multiple times to open up. I think being an older single dating, we all have a tendency to hold back a little because we don't want to get hurt. Again. You've got to open yourself to vulnerability in order for someone to get to know you... Once I let my guard down and let myself have fun, get to know Pete, and realize that yes it really is actually going to work out and this might be it, things went a lot better.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but hope it helps a little. Good luck!!

No comments: